Couture: Let’s Celebrate Card by Sara Naumann
Want to make a one-of-a-kind invitation or greeting for a special occasion? This card design is fast and fabulous — the beautiful Couture dies and speciality satin cardstock make for a unique design that’s quick and easy. The By Invitation Only Collection is one of my personal favorites and one I always recommend to people who are 1) new to die-cutting and want a good “starter” collection, and 2) people who love die-cutting and want an assortment they’ll use on just about every card. Why? Because it includes must-have elements from labels to sentiments, all designed to be used singly or together for maximum design options.
Here you’ll see how easy it is to not only create a unique card base for your greeting, but also how to stack and layer various pieces to create your own beautiful design.
You Will Need:
- Couture By Invitation Only Template
- Create and Craft Pack of 30 A4 Satin Board
- Create and Craft A4 Glitter Card Pack of 30
- Pack of 100 A4 Plain Rainbow Card
- Pokey tool
- Die-cutting machine
- White sheer ribbon
- Pearl gems
- Craft glue
- Low-tack tape
- Foam mounting squares
Instructions for the Card:
1. Fold a sheet of pink satin card in half lengthwise. Position the large scallop outline die onto the folded satin card, with the top edge of the die extending past the folded edge of the card. Secure the die with low-tack tape and die cut.
This will give you a card base with a folded edge and scalloped top and sides.
4. Glue each layered corner to a side of the purple scallop square, securing them to the back.
5. Die cut the ‘Let’s Celebrate’ sentiment from purple glitter card, then die cut a satin gold scallop label shape and glue the two together. Die cut an ornate label from purple satin card and glue to the card front. Add the ‘Let’s Celebrate’ label to the card front with foam squares.
6. Position the pink satin card base with the fold on the left. Adhere the purple piece in the center. Add self-adhesive pearls at the top and bottom of the card front. Tie a bow in white ribbon and glue to the card front, as shown below.