Patriotic Necklace & Handmade Couture Gift Box
Create a stylish and patriotic jewelry piece that can be worn all year round. Want to give it as a gift? We’ve also got the perfect gift box die for you, easily personalized with die-cut letters. (Shhhh…these are all from the Couture Christmas range, but easily work for other holidays too!) – Sara Naumann
For the necklace, you will need:
- Ice Resin 8oz Kit
- Ice Resin Studio Sheet 9″ x 9″
- Metal bezel
- Ball chain
- Washi tape in blue/white pattern and red/white pattern: Doodlebug Washi Tape Candy Stripe would be perfect
- White paper or lightweight cardstock
- Circle punch
- Plastic gloves
- Clear glitter
For the box, you will need:
- Couture by Create and Craft Artistry Box – Multiple Closure Box
- Couture by Create and Craft Christmas Numbers and Letters
- Create and Craft Pack of 50 Satin Board Pastels
- Red and white card
- Pokey tool
- Die-cutting machine
- Silver ribbon
- Red gem
- Foam mounting squares
- Craft glue
Instructions for the necklace:
Remember that resin is permanent, so protect your workspace and, if necessary, your floor, with craft sheets.
4. Mix the resin according to the package instructions and fill the bezel. Sprinkle with clear glitter. Let the piece set. Note: Your piece will be dry in about 8-12 hours; the resin will cure in 3 days. You can work with the piece once it’s dry, but don’t place it in an airtight container until it’s completely cured.
5. Thread the bezel loop with ball chain and cut to your desired length.
Note: Before working with resin, be sure to wear an apron, roll up your sleeves and tie back long hair. Wear latex or latex-free gloves to protect your hands.
Instructions for the box:
2. Wrap with silver ribbon and tie a bow on the top of the box.