The new Janome Black Edition Sewing Machine is perfect for people who want to sew without the hassle of a complicated machine. Create and Craft has gathered some frequently asked questions to give you more background on this fantastic new product. If you’re looking for a…
Tag: tips & tricks
When it comes to big sewing projects, you’re only as good as the machine you rely on. This Janome HD1000 Black Edition sewing machine is a fantastic machine that will be the ace up your sleeve when it comes to any major sewing project.
The Janome Black Edition has a sturdy construction and lots of easy to use features for a reliable and easy sewing experience. This machine is great for making clothing or home décor items, so creating your dream project using this machine is now a reality! The Janome HD1000 Black Edition’s 14 built-in stitches and one four-step buttonhole makes it a great choice for new and experienced sewing enthusiasts.
The Ultraglide Foot is molded from a special resin for easier sewing of fabrics that would usually stick to the standard metal foot such as leather, suede, vinyl, and plastic. The 5-pack of Leather Needles that is included with the machine can help you make professional leather projects that will make your crafts stand out.
Here are some of the key features of the Janome HD-1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine:
- 14 stitches
- 1 four-step buttonhole
- Lay-in, manual thread tension control
- Built-in needle threader
- Snap-on presser feet
- 3-piece feed dog
- Free arm
- Drop feed
- Reverse stitch lever
- Push-pull bobbin winding
- Extra-high presser foot lift
- Stitch selection dial
- Front Loading Vertical Oscillating Hook Bobbin
- 5mm maximum stitch width
- 4mm maximum stitch length
- Hard cover included
If you’re looking for a new sewing machine or if you need to replace your old one, the Janome is a great choice for sturdy and reliable sewing every time.
One of the best things about crafting is sharing it with your family. If you’re looking for fun ways to get kids into crafting, then we’ve got some solutions for you! These are easy and fun ways to bring crafting into your children’s lives and…
Bring crafts into the classroom and give your kids fun and exciting activities to get their creativity flowing! Crafting in the classroom helps build social skills and lets them gain confidence by being productive in a creative way. But what are some of the other…
Building up your stash of craft supplies isn’t just smart, it’s a great way to see crafting in a whole new light. We’ve got 5 reasons to stock up your craft room that will get you stashing away supplies and making fantastic projects in no time!
1) Extra supplies means more experimenting
One great thing about crafting is that there’s always more to discover. You might be afraid to experiment with new techniques if you have a limited supply, but by stocking up your crafting stash you’ll be free to try new projects and styles that will up your crafting game.
2) Holiday craft preparation
The holidays sneak up on us faster every year. With surprise parties, guests, or gifts, there’s always more to craft. Having a big stash of holiday supplies means that you’ll never run out of material during the festive crafting crunch times.
3) Get great deals by buying in bulk
The only thing that’s better than crafting is getting a great deal on crafting supplies. Lots of craft deals can help you stock up for future projects and will save you tons of money in the long run. Buy big bundles or collections in order to save more per item or pack and keep all the extra stock for your next batch of craft creations.
4) Share your crafting with others
You can get all of your friends and family involved in craft projects when there’s more supplies to go around! Stocking up your craft room means that you can host craft parties, work on projects with friends, or craft with your children. It’s the perfect reason to share the love of crafting with those closest to you.
5) Increase your craft output
More supplies means more crafts. If limited materials are holding you back from making the amount of crafts you want, stocking up will help you keep crafting without worrying about running out of supplies. This is great for anyone that’s running a craft booth or selling their items online.
Stocking up your craft room is an easy way to keep crafting and to experiment with your projects. Being prepared for unexpected projects, events, or creations is the best way to keep your productivity up and your stress down.
Do you have any great reasons to stock up on craft supplies?
Comment below and share them with us!
Tattered Lace is known for it’s fantastic and intricate dies, but now they have a magazine that’s just as spectacular! Tattered Lace Magazine is full of tutorials, inspirations, and bonus materials that no die-cutting crafter can afford to miss! Customers are raving about all of…
Die cutting machines open up a whole new world of crafting possibilities. If you want your machine to keep on crafting you’ll have to make sure you take as much care with it as you do your projects. We’ve got some simple tips and tricks to care for your die cutting machines, whether they’re manual and electronic.
Manual Die Cutting Machines
Manual die cutting machines are a great way to get into crafting. Most models are portable, easy to use, and can work with a variety of dies. Cleaning your manual die cutting machine is just as easy, and keeping it in tip-top shape means you’ll be able to use it again year after year.
Here are some simple tips to keep your manual die cutting machine working.
1) Keep your machine clean. Each use of your machine will make it dirtier and dustier. If you want to clean your machine, use a small amount of rubbing alcohol and rub with a cloth or paper towel gently until it evaporates. Then wipe down with a dry cloth or paper towel to make sure that the whole machine is bone dry. Never use bleach or abrasive cleaners, because these may damage the machine.
2) Keep your dies clean. Get rid of any bits of paper or debris that might be stuck on or in the die. Having dirty dies in your machine might make it jam or work improperly, which can ruin a fantastic project before it even starts.
3) Clean your die cutting plates regularly. Wet down the plate, add a little dish soap, and then use an old toothbrush to clean all of the cuts and grooves that have collected in your plates. This will extend their life and will get rid of any unwanted debris that could end up on your next project. (This works for electronic die cutting plates as well.) You can also use a small amount of hand sanitizer afterwards to make it extra clean. Make sure that the plates are completely wiped off and dry before using them or storing them away.
4) Finally, never force anything through the machine. If the plates or your sandwich gets stuck, simply shimmy it through the roller or gently pull it back out. Forcing items through the machine will only wear the parts down and will cut the lifespan of your machine.
Electronic Die Cutting Machines
Electronic die cutting machines are great for new and experienced crafters looking for a tabletop solution to die cutting that can do most of the work for them. But just like the manual die cutting machines, they get dirty or need regular maintenance in order to stay in working order.
1) Clean your machine with a soft, dry cloth. Don’t use abrasive cleaners, water, or any other solutions. Any kind of moisture might damage the machine, so keep it as dry as possible when you’re using it or when it’s being stored.
2) Always supervise children if they use the machine. Crafting with your kids is fun, but it can also be dangerous to both your children and your machine. Make sure that the machine is being operated safely and correctly to increase the lifespan of the machine and to keep your little ones out of harm’s way.
3) Don’t remove plates or platforms while the machine is running. This will keep all of the parts of the machine in the best condition possible and will prevent any moving parts from being damaged. Make sure you also don’t leave objects inside the machine, as this can jam up the machine.
4) Cool down your machine for 10-15 minutes after extended use. This stops the machine from getting too hot and getting damaged, or from damaging the dies. And always power off the machine when you’re not using it, just to be safe.
These are just a few simple tips and tricks that can help you keep your manual or electronic die cutting machines in working order. Keeping them clean, being gentle, and using the right tools will go a long way to keep your machine looking and working like it’s brand new.
Do you have any helpful tips for caring for your die cutting machines?
Adult Coloring is hot, but what is it all about? Coloring books, crayons….no not really, but not that different either. Adult coloring is a trendy art form that is taking the craft industry by storm. Stacks of coloring books, black and white art with markers,…
The Big Blue Electronic Die Cutting Machine from Tattered Lace is a fantastic way to create stunning scrapbooks, cards, and papercraft projects. But don’t take our word for it! We’ve pulled some reviews from crafters who are loving their new Big Blue Machine and can’t wait to get started on their next craft adventure.
Here’s what people are saying about the Big Blue Machine.
I love this machine
I had a manual die cutting machine for many years, the Sizzix big shot. I sampled the evolution electronic die cutter and did not like having to hold the button down during cuts and putting the motor on was difficult. This Big Blue machine is so easy to use. The pamphlet tells you the plates you need, it automatically feeds the plates through and holds them for you at the end until you remove them. One button turns it on. The cut is precise. I have had to put a die through a second time if the die is very large, very intricate, or if I load the cutting plates with multiple smaller dies. I find this to be true with many die cutting machines.
I have severe arthritis in my hands and this machine is just perfect for my dexterity problems. I do see that I’m going to need replacement A plates as I have probably made 100 or more cuts already and the plates get marked. I was able to use a discount code to get my machine so the value I got was tremendous. I did not get it as part of a package deal but it did come with the instructions and ALL THE PLATES I NEEDED. Plus the machine is beautiful blue in color! – Missourigirl
I love the size. Cuts extremely well. Is very attractive.
I am absolutely loving my Big Blue. I have other die cutters, but Big Blue is the one I keep on my table and always use. (Along with Baby Blue). It cuts so well. Sometimes I run things through for good measure, but that’s easy enough to do. And the embossing is the most beautiful and even embossing of any machine I have. I am so very pleased with Big Blue. – SandyDO
Great machine-Love it
I love this machine, so easy to use. My only complaint is that getting new replacement pads is difficult as they are not available anywhere. I hope to be able to purchase them soon from your website. There really needs to be replacement pads available for a machine this great and used many times 🙂 – CaliGIrl
Excellent performance and value!
I purchased this machine right after it was débuted and received it in mid-February. It is simply superb. I now have four die cutting machines and this is by far the best. Cuts are almost always made on the first pass through no matter how intricate the die or thickness of stock. The singular occasion that required a second cut was using a very large spellbinders panel die with a cereal box scrap (chip board). It is a good idea to ‘catch’ the sandwich as it fully exits the machine — sometimes the opening will keep holding it, sometimes it doesn’t. For me, this is not a problem at all. The embossing function also works great on all types of folders with a beautiful, detailed and evenly embossed finish. I highly recommend the Big Blue. It is now my favorite craft tool! – Bryn
Big Blue = Big Power!!!
I just received my Big Blue. So excited!!! I couldn’t get it out of the box fast enough. And I used it right away. I’m so smitten with this machine. It cut perfectly on the first pass and embossed beautifully on the second pass. I can’t wait to make even more treasures. This machine is so powerful. Tattered lace really hit the ball out of the park with this one. – Heavelyberi
Do you have your own review for the Big Blue Machine? Comment below and share your thoughts with us, or hop onto Create and Craft and leave your own review.