Tattered Lace Snowglobe 3D Card
Christmas is only a few months away so now’s the time to make your Christmas greetings cards for your loved ones. To help you on your way, follow these simple steps to create this extra-special Tattered Lace Snowglobe 3D card which embodies the essence of the festive season.
Featuring an adorable fawn, traditional fir trees, and detailed mini snowflakes, you can create a variety of sensationally sparkling winter scenes that will make a gorgeous decoration for the lucky recipient.
You will need:
Tattered Lace Essentials Snowglobe Die
Tattered Lace Starlight Circle Die
Tattered Lace Fawn Die
Tattered Lace Christmas Leaves Trio Die Set
Tattered Lace Christmas Rose Trio Die Set
Tattered Lace Essentials Scene Stepper Die
Tattered Lace Trio Stamp Set
Alcohol Marker Pens
Textured beige cardstock
Versamark Ink Pad
Gold Sparkle Embossing powder
Quickie glue pen
Vintage Photo distress ink pad
Black Soot distress ink pad
Blue backing paper
Red self-adhesive faux pearls
How to make your Glimmering Greetings 3D Card
- Using the Snowglobe die, cut two from white cardstock and one from beige cardstock. Secure together to create the card following the instructions on the packaging. Using the Snowglobe die, circle die, cut an aperture into one white and the beige snowglobes.
- Trim the base from the beige snowglobe as shown and gently ink with Vintage Photo. Mat onto the base of the card.
- Using the Snowglobe die, circle die, cut one from blue backing paper. Dot the quickie glue pen all over the circle and coat with crystal glitter. Tap any excess glitter back into the tub. Mat the circle to the inside back of the snowglobe.
- Using the Snowglobe die, circle die, cut one from white cardstock. Using the Scene Stepper die, tree line, cut the circle in half to create the tree line for the inner layer. Use green alcohol marker pens to color the trees and add glitter as shown. Mat the tree line section to the back of the inside front of the card.
- Using the Fawn die, cut one from white cardstock and color with alcohol pens as shown. Gently ink a scrap of white cardstock with Black Soot. Mat the fawn onto this and cut around to give shading inside the body. Mat the fawn onto the card.
- Using the Christmas Rose Trio Die set, cut and emboss two large flowers. Gently tint the edges with a soft yellow marker pen. Offset and glue together to create a rose.
- Stamp and emboss the center of the flower using the Trio Stamp set and gold sparkle embossing powder.
- Using the Christmas Leaves Trio die set, cut and emboss 3 large leaves. Color with alcohol pens and highlight the veining detail with the quickie glue pen and crystal glitter.
- Using the Starlight Circle, heart sprig die, cut 6 from white cardstock and color with alcohol pens as shown. Add glitter highlights to the hearts.
- Mat the leaves onto the bottom left of the card as shown. Tuck and stick the sprigs to the leaves, placing some in between and some behind.
- Tie two bows from coordinating ribbon and glue just under the leaves as shown. Mat the flower onto the leaves and add a sparkler gem into the center.
- Using the Snowglobe die, snowflakes, cut three from white cardstock and mat onto the top of the snowglobe frame. Finish the card by adding a few red self-adhesive pearls as required.
Get everything you need for this project from Create and Craft!
Don’t forget to send us in some samples of your cards – we would love to see your finished creations!